Deposits, Payments and Cancellation
- All tours must be paid in full 8 weeks in advance of the tour start date. If the booking is made less than 8 weeks prior to start it must be paid in full at time of booking.
- Select Scotland Tours will provide a full refund of the balance payment minus an administration fee of £50 when notice is given more than 8 weeks prior to the date of your tour.
- When booking a single day tour, we require a 50% deposit to secure your tour date. Full payment must be made within 8 weeks of tour start date.
- When booking a multi-day tour, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit to secure your tour dates. Full payment must be made within 8 weeks of tour start date.
- When notification of cancellation is received for a single day tour more than 8 weeks prior to your selected date, Select Scotland Tours will refund the deposit amount minus a £50 administration fee.
- Where notification of cancellation has been received by Select Scotland Tours less than 8 weeks prior to commencement of a tour or service the following schedule of refunds will apply:
- 56-28 days before start- refund will be 75% of amount paid minus £50 administration fee
- 27-14 days before start- refund will be 50% of amount paid minus £50 administration fee
- 13-0 days before start- no refund will be paid
- Where exceptional circumstances the management of Select Scotland Tours reserves the right (in its absolute discretion) to cancel tours or services. In such cases Clients, will be promptly informed and offered a full refund or an alternative arrangement.
Risks and Insurance
We recommend that Clients must have appropriate and adequate insurance to cover death, personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, loss of or damage to luggage and contents of same and expenses associated with cancellation or curtailment of a tour.
Clients are responsible for any loss of or damage to baggage or personal possessions or consequential loss arising there from. In the event of a client or member of client’s party becoming ill and unable to undertake or complete the tour, then the client will be liable for any medical costs incurred and Select Scotland Tours shall not be liable to refund any part of the tour cost.
It is the responsibility of each client to ensure that insurance cover held is both current and adequate for the particular needs of the client and/or group. All visitors from overseas should have insurance to cover accident and repatriation.
Health and Safety
- For your own safety, the group must at all times abide by the directions of the Select Scotland Tours Guide.
- The Guide must be notified in advance of any Clients who are suffering from any medical condition or are taking medication which is likely to interfere with their mobility and/or ability to fully participate in the agreed tour programme.
- Clients whose fitness level, mobility or medical condition which has not been previously disclosed, and is considered by the Guide to be inappropriate for certain activities may be asked to make alternative arrangements. In such cases compensation, will not be offered by the Company.
- Clients should be aware that weather conditions in Scotland can be severe and hence MUST be properly equipped. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure they have suitable footwear, waterproof clothing and other personal items when participating in walking tours or when outdoors.
- Select Scotland Tours reserves the right to terminate a tour if, in the reasonable opinion of the guide the behaviour of a Client or Client Group is or is likely to be disruptive, dangerous or upsetting to other people or if such Client or Group have caused or are likely to cause damage to property. Select Scotland Tours will not pay any refund or costs incurred by a client in the event that a tour is terminated due to unacceptable behavior.
In the unlikely event that Clients feel dissatisfied with the service or content of a tour, Select Scotland Tours requests that whenever possible, Clients should promptly bring a complaint to attention of the Guide to allow the Guide to address the issue during the tour itself.
Clients wishing to lodge a complaint after the trip or tour should write to the company within 28 days of the end of the tour end and provide full details of the nature of the complaint. The Company will endeavor to resolve such complaint in an amicable manner as expeditiously as possible.
We provide a private guided tour service which is exclusive to the individuals in the group making the initial booking. We will not add additional parties to your group and we will not accept the ‘re-sale’ of any spare places on your tour. Our tours are bespoke and are designed for a single group. Your booking may be cancelled if we suspect this is the case
If you would like to re-use any of our content or imagery then please seek copyright approval before use.