Fees & Terms
Our standard 2023 rates are below; however, as many tours will be tailor-made to your requirements, please contact us for a final quotation.
- Full Day/Half Day Rate for a Select Scotland Tour Guide for a walking tour (up to 8 Clients) will be from £260 per half day (4 hours) and from £350 per full day (8 hours) depending on the exact location.
- Full Day Rate for a Select Scotland Tour Guide as a non-driver guide, on an independantly hired coach or minibus, will be from £260 per half day (4 hours) and from £350 per full day (8 hours) depending on the exact location.
- Full Day Rate for Select Scotland Tours Driver-Guided Tours with guide providing own vehicle, based on tour of up to 150 miles with up to 6 Clients will be from £680 (exact price will vary depending on final hours & distance and itinerary).
- Half Day Rate for Select Scotland Tours Driver-Guided Tours with guide providing own vehicle, based on tour of up to 100 miles with up to 6 Clients will be from £500 (exact price will vary depending on final hours & distance and itinerary).
Our rates are based on a standard working day of 8 hours (and we do try to be flexible), however for longer days we may need to charge extra hours at £40 per hour for walking tours and £85 per hour for driver-guided tours depending on the overall length of day. Our maximum working day is 12 hours of which no more than 10 hours actual driving time.
Unless previously agreed, Clients are responsible for the cost of the guide’s meals, coffees, entrance fees and sundry expenses incurred during the course of a tour.
For extended tours where our guides are required to stay away overnight we charge from £165 per night depending on location and time of year. We will provide an estimate for these expenses during the planning stage.
Ancestral Research and Itinerary Planning services will be charged at £60 per hour (minimum 2 hours). Please contact us for further details.
Deposit and Payment
- A 25% non-refundable deposit will secure your tour dates.
- The balance of 75% must be paid no later that 8 weeks prior to the start of the tour.
- If the booking is made within 8 weeks of the start of the tour, the tour must be paid in full at time of booking.
- When notification of the cancellation of a tour is received more than 8 weeks prior to that tour’s start date, Select Scotland Tours will refund the balance of 75% minus a £50 administration fee.
- Where notification of the cancellation has been received by Select Scotland Tours less than 8 weeks prior to the commencement of a tour or service and that tour or service has been paid in full, the following payment and refund schedule applies.
56-28 days before start: 75% of balance will be refunded, less a £50 administration fee. The non-refundable deposit (25% of tour price) will be retained by Select Scotland Tours.
27-14 days before start: 50% of balance will be refunded, less a £50 administration fee. The non-refundable deposit (25% of tour price) will be retained by Select Scotland Tours.
13-0 days before start: no refund.
- In exceptional circumstances the management of Select Scotland Tours reserves the right (with absolute discretion) to cancel tours or services. In such cases clients will be promptly informed and offered a full refund or an alternative arrangement.
Risks and Insurance
We recommend that Clients must have appropriate and adequate insurance to cover death, personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, loss of or damage to luggage and contents of same and expenses associated with cancellation or curtailment of a tour.
Clients are responsible for any loss of or damage to baggage or personal possessions or consequential loss arising there from. In the event of a client or member of client’s party becoming ill and unable to undertake or complete the tour, then the client will be liable for any medical costs incurred and Select Scotland Tours shall not be liable to refund any part of the tour cost.
It is the responsibility of each client to ensure that insurance cover held is both current and adequate for the particular needs of the client and/or group. All visitors from overseas should have insurance to cover accident and repatriation.
Health and Safety
- For your own safety, the group must at all times abide by the directions of the Select Scotland Tours Guide.
- The Guide must be notified in advance of any Clients who are suffering from any medical condition or are taking medication which is likely to interfere with their mobility and/or ability to fully participate in the agreed tour programme.
- Clients whose fitness level, mobility or medical condition which has not been previously disclosed, and is considered by the Guide to be inappropriate for certain activities may be asked to make alternative arrangements. In such cases compensation, will not be offered by the Company.
- Clients should be aware that weather conditions in Scotland can be severe and hence MUST be properly equipped. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure they have suitable footwear, waterproof clothing and other personal items when participating in walking tours or when outdoors.
- Select Scotland Tours reserves the right to terminate a tour if, in the reasonable opinion of the guide the behaviour of a Client or Client Group is or is likely to be disruptive, dangerous or upsetting to other people or if such Client or Group have caused or are likely to cause damage to property. Select Scotland Tours will not pay any refund or costs incurred by a client in the event that a tour is terminated due to unacceptable behavior.
In the unlikely event that Clients feel dissatisfied with the service or content of a tour, Select Scotland Tours requests that whenever possible, Clients should promptly bring a complaint to attention of the Guide to allow the Guide to address the issue during the tour itself.
Clients wishing to lodge a complaint after the trip or tour should write to the company within 28 days of the end of the tour end and provide full details of the nature of the complaint. The Company will endeavor to resolve such complaint in an amicable manner as expeditiously as possible.
We provide a private guided tour service which is exclusive to the individuals in the group making the initial booking. We will not add additional parties to your group and we will not accept the ‘re-sale’ of any spare places on your tour. Our tours are bespoke and are designed for a single group. Your booking may be cancelled if we suspect this is the case
If you would like to re-use any of our content or imagery then please seek copyright approval before use.